CVF's year-end appeal, December 20, 2004
It's been a great year for the California Voter Foundation. In the past twelve months, CVF has:
* led the successful effort in California to implement a voter-verified paper record requirement for electronic ballots;
* collaborated with a number of other organizations to advance transparency and accountability in voting systems nationwide;
* published a groundbreaking report, "Voter Privacy in the Digital Age", providing for the first time a comprehensive, nationwide analysis of voter registration data gathering and dissemination practices;
* graded, for the second year in a row, all 50 states on the quality of their campaign finance disclosure programs in order to improve the transparency of money in politics nationwide;
* produced the tenth and eleventh editions of our "California Online Voter Guide", providing California voters with online, nonpartisan election information for both the Primary and General elections;
* conducted and reported on our statewide survey on the barriers and incentives for voter participation in California;
* redesigned our Webby-award winning web site to make our resources even more accessible and user-friendly.
These projects have been supported through grants from various foundations. In addition, CVF relies on donations from individuals to support our work. I hope you will consider making a tax-deductible donation to CVF to support our continuing efforts to advance the responsible use of technology to improve the democratic process, in California and beyond.
You can donate to CVF by check or credit card. To donate by check, simply download and complete the online contribution form and send your check to:
The California Voter Foundation
503 4th Street, Suite B
Davis, CA 95616
You can also donate using your credit card.
On behalf of the California Voter Foundation board and staff, I wish you all a happy holiday season and thank you for your support of our efforts.