Monday, March 28, 2011

Top 10 Ballot Design Tips from AIGA/Design for Democracy

As someone who loves Top 10 lists and also cares deeply about ballot design, I was delighted to find this recent blog post by Dana Chisnell highlighting the Top 10 Ballot Design Principles to ensure usability and accessibility, generated through AIGA's Design for Democracy project.

Among the top ten principles -- avoid centered text; use clear, simple language; use contrast and color functionally; and decide what's most important.

I had the pleasure of meeting Dana over recently at the Election Verification Network conference where she and her design colleagues gave an excellent presentation about the importance of good ballot design (slides are available on her blog for downloading).


1 comment:

  1. I just take a peek and I discovered your post. I had a great time reading it. I am looking forward on your next post. Thank you and keep sharing.

    Shasing

    ReplyDelete